Roctane Energy Gel
We added more of everything that makes GU Energy Gel the category leader and added a few more things for ultra distance and high intensity efforts resulting in the most efficient, high performance gel you can use in training and racing.
What’s in it?
Each packet (serving) contains 100 calories of easy to digest simple and complex carbohydrates, electrolytes, amino acids and caffeine to fuel extreme endeavors:
- Ideal carbohydrate ratio - Unique ratio of complex and simple carbohydrates are podium-proven to better maintain glucose levels than simple or complex carbs alone
- More key electrolytes - Sodium and potassium properly maintain hydration
- More Branch Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine) - Shown to serve as a fuel source (when taken with carbohydrates), reduce muscle damage, enhance recovery and delay fatigue – all critical during intense or long efforts
- More Histidine (an Essential Amino Acid) - Acts as a buffer to prevent accumulation of lactic acid in muscles during exercise
- More Caffeine – Proven to stimulate the central nervous system and reduce pain perception leading to prolonged exercise and delayed fatigue
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG) - formulated to support recovery by helping block the catabolic effects of various hormones that cause muscle trauma
How is it different from GU Energy Gel?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel contains more of the ingredients that matter during long or intense activity while still being based on the proven ratio of simple and complex carbohydrates found in GU Energy Gel.
- 3 times more Branched Chain Amino Acids
- 10 times more Histidine
- 1-2 times more caffeine
- 2-3 times more electrolytes
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (OKG)
How do I use it?
Roctane Ultra Endurance Gel can be used alone or in conjunction with other GU Energy and Roctane products.
How can I use Roctane Gel with Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Drink?
You can substitute some Roctane Gel for Roctane Energy Drink. This will help tailor energy intake to your needs, and provide the beneficial ingredients found in both the gel and drink. While many ingredients are similar in the two products (carbohydrates, branched chain amino acids, histidine, and caffeine) each has unique ingredients which may also help improve performance (gel – OKG for muscle recovery, vitamin E as an antioxidant; drink – taurine to help heart and muscle function, beta-alanine to help increase muscle buffering capacity). Therefore, using both products will help provide every nutritional advantage possible to athletes who demand the best from themselves and their nutrition. For many athletes, all they may need during prolonged exercise is one 21oz bottle of Roctane drink and 1 Roctane gel per hour for 340 calories and extra nutritional support to maximize performance.