• CYCLING •
LOCATION: Anchorage, AK
FAVORITE GU PRODUCT: ROCTANE Energy Gel
FAVORITE ENERGY GEL FLAVOR: Birthday Cake
FAVORITE NUTRITION HACK
For the DKXL, I only carried 2 water bottles for the whole ride. Every time I accessed water, I drank 1 full bottle of water and 1 full bottle of ROCTANE mix and then refilled two bottles with water. I never got behind on hydration.
WHAT MOTIVATES YOU TO COMPETE? WHAT'S YOUR WHY?
I dream in long distance. I want to connect places on my bike and spend all day outside. Ultra distance competition allows me to ride my maximum and I love racing others. Above all, I'm motivated to do my best and see how it unfolds. In ultra distance events, days on the bike feel like weeks, full of highs and lows and experiences.
WHAT'S YOUR GU MOMENT?
The Energy Gels are a leg saver. I've felt like total garbage midway through the Tour Divide (a two week race), taken a gel and then felt like a million bucks. I don't know how it works, but it does.
2020 RACE CALENDAR
- January-February: Colombia Conservation International route building project and FKT
- March: guiding for The Cyclist's Menu
- April-May: Anchorage GRIT mentorship program and time trial on the Oregon Outback
- June: Tour Divide (weather dependent)
- July: Riding Alaska Roads
- August: PEARL iZUMi Women's Bikepacking Challenge
- September: Europe