SMAll grants to improve
the places we play
Our playgrounds are the local parks, trails, and recreation areas that inspire us to get outside – running, biking, swimming, hiking, adventuring.
Deep connections are formed when you get your hands dirty, which is why we want to create opportunities for people across the U.S. to invest in their local public spaces. In conjunction with the launch of our latest Energy Gel flavor, Hoppy Trails, we’re excited to introduce a grant program to empower individuals and small groups to make a difference in their local community.
The goal of this program is to fund small, community-based projects that improve natural public spaces. Everything is on the table – beach cleanups, trail creation, park improvements… maybe even building a bike repair station at your local mountain bike destination. We want to hear your ideas and give you the tools to turn your ideas into reality.
Proceeds from Hoppy Trails help support the future of this program
Celebrate your trails with this delicious new flavor that combines flavorful hops and milder citrus notes that will complement your other favorite flavors.
Grant Program Details
- We are accepting applications through May 15th.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You can expect a response within three weeks of submitting your application.
- We’ll be issuing grants up to $500. (Please be detailed in your description of how you intend to use your grant money.)
- This grant is open to individuals, groups, and nonprofits that are looking to improve a local outdoor space like a trail, park, or public space.
- Grants available to projects based in the U.S.
- Groups or individuals that are volunteering in their local community.
- Must provide digital photo of trail improvement project.
- Action shots of volunteers preferred!
- Post on social media using #GUFORIT #GUgives #HoppyTrails.
- Complete the application below within designated application period.
- Travel to and from site
- Supplies and tools needed to clean or improve trail, park, or public space
- Snacks and beverages for volunteers
- Permitting expenses for trail and park improvement projects
- Other expenses approved by GU Energy Labs
Our Hoppy Trails Grant Program application has closed.
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. We were very inspired by all of your amazing projects! We will be contacting all applicants within the next week.