We believe movement is life, and our goal is to feed the need to move - with effective sports nutrition, ideas for wholesome meals, and plenty of inspiration. What you eat on a daily basis affects how you perform, which means you need to tailor your diet to meet the demands of your training and everyday life with planned, purposeful fueling. Feeding your body the right nutrients, at the right time, in sufficient amounts can help you maximize recovery and encourage positive physiological adaptations.
Carrots (chopped): 3 cups
Butternut Squash (chopped): 3 cups
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 2-4 Tablespoons
Fresh Ginger (grated): 2 Tablespoon
Fresh Turmeric (grated): 1 Tablespoon
Red Lentils (optional): 1/2 cup
Sea Salt: Pinch or two
Pepper: Pinch or two
Veggie broth (onion + garlic): 1-2 Liter
Sprouts, Pumpkin Seeds: Handful for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Peel and chop butternut squash into small chunks.
- Wash and chop carrots into small chunks.
- Place chunks of butternut squash and carrots onto a lined baking tray and drizzle w/ olive oil and sea salt
- Roast for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are golden in color.
- Combine onion, garlic and olive oil into a big pot for 1 min and add water to start the vegetable broth
- Let it simmer for 20 min
- Add red lentil (optional) + 1 cup of water
- Add roasted squash and carrot + 1 cup of water into a big pot. Let it simmer for 10 min
- Add ginger and turmeric and let it simmer for 10 min
- Add more water to receive desired consistency
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy it chunky or blend it until smooth with immersion blender or in food processor
- Serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, herbs and/or sprouts
Tips & Tricks
- Add red lentils for added protein source
- Garnish with grilled tofu or pouched egg for extra protein
- Freeze leftovers
Benefits & Purpose
- Immune Function Support: Carrots & Squash
- Anti-Inflammatory Defense: Ginger Turmeric
- Healthy Gut Support: High in FIber
Beta Carotene found in carrots and butternut squash helps to support natural function of the immune system, along with vitamin A which can help prevent infections. In addition, both ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties that can help nourish a healthy immune system. Pumpkin seeds contain a diverse and rich antioxidant support and are high in minerals including magnesium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. Zinc is responsible for a healthy immune function by helping with the growth and development of white blood cells. Finally, this wonderful soup is loaded with fiber rich vegetables and seed, making it a gut healthy meal.