ENDURANCE WATERMAN, SURF LIFESAVING SPORTS
Atlantic Ocean, South New Jersey
Bruckner Chase is a professional waterman and internationally recognized ocean advocate. His athletic career involves events across the world, featuring challenging adventures on water and land in extremely harsh conditions. Bruckner’s athletics and innovative, evidence-based initiatives provide opportunities for how we feel, think, and act toward our oceans.
Formerly, Bruckner was a corporate executive. Now, he is focused on an aquatic-based career. He is an engaging speaker who brings insight, knowledge, and passion, which he confronts in the water, to audiences around the world.
- Coolangatta Gold Surf Lifesaving Iron Man Championships – One of only 5 Americans to ever finish the event in it’s 30 year history, Only American 3x Finisher, Only American to Stand on the Podium Finishing with a Silver in the Masters Division in 2016
- First Ironman distance triathlon in 1985
- Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run 1998
- Penock Island 8.2 Mile Swim, Alaska, Non-wetsuit record holder and overall winner 2007
- 25-Mile Solo Monterey Bay Swim, 2010, second known crossing
- Lifesaving World Championships 2016, The Netherlands: 5th Surf Swim, 5th Board Paddle, 4th Iron Man – Masters Division
- To Positively Impact How We All Feel, Think and Act Towards Our Oceans
- NOAA National Weather Service’s Ocean and Beach Safety, Science and Conservation Series – Dangerous Waves Expedition – Four weeks to California, Hawaii and American Samoa
- Red Bull Surf and Rescue Championships – Technical Director and Surf Lifesaving Ambassador creating an event that highlights and shares the stories of ocean lifeguards of the Mid-Atlantic as athletes and protectors of our communities and oceans
- USLA National Championships, Daytona, FL
- Australia / New Zealand Spinal Cord Injury Conference International Keynote Speaker
I was given the title of Matai or Chief for the village of Aunu’u in American Samoa, an honor bestowed on me by High Talking Chief Fuiava. My Samoan name Uila o le Sami translates as Lightning in the Ocean.
Favorite GU Product
- Hydration Drink Tabs – Strawberry Lemonade
- Stroopwafel – Coconut
- Roctane Gel – Pineapple