Rob Krar is known for his impressive accomplishments on the trails… as well as his impressive beard. Born in Ontario, CA, Rob grew up running cross-country and also represented Canada at the Triathlon World Championships. He moved to the US for college, and eventually got his start in the ultra-running world by competing in the infamous Transrockies in 2009.
Rob lives in Flagstaff, AZ, which gives him to opportunity to pursue his non-running passions, including fly-fishing, climbing, and ski-mountaineering.
The GU Moment
“GU played an important role during one of my proudest accomplishments early in my ultra-running career, my Grand Canyon Rim-Rim-Rim Fastest Known Time. After that there was never any doubt GU Energy would take care of me on any adventure I tackled.”
- 1st place 2014 & 2015 Western States 100M
- 2013 & 2014 Ultra Runner of the Year
- 1st place 2014 Leadville 100M
- 1st place 2014 Run Rabbit Run 100M
- Grand Canyon Rim-Rim-Rim Fastest Known Time 6:21:47
Badminton and water polo were my favorite sports in high school.
Favorite GU Product
- Salted Caramel GU Energy Gel – “I fell in love with this flavor after the very first taste!”
- Chocolate Smoothie Recovery Mix – “My go-to after a hard effort or long run. Almost always used in a Vitamix concoction with soy milk, yogurt, banana, nuts and cinnamon.”
LISTEN: Rob Krar Rides A Mountain Bike
Hero Image: Ken Etzel