Created for Long-Duration and High-Intensity Activities
Roctane Energy Gels are designed for long-duration and high-intensity activities, when you’re trying to up your mileage or push yourself further. But what does that really mean?
It means that Roctane Energy Gels are packed with up to three times as much sodium (depending on the flavor), three times as many amino acids, and also include beta-alanine and taurine.
Sodium and amino acids are especially important when you’re out there training or racing for multiple hours or during high-intensity workouts. Here’s why:
- Sodium is the primary electrolyte you lose when you sweat and it helps you hydrate. Electrolytes help maintain fluid balance, prevent dehydration, and are also essential for muscle contractions.
- Branched-chain amino acids (leucine, valine and isoleucine) protect lean muscle and reduce mental fatigue. BCAAs are metabolized in the muscle and decrease the breakdown of muscle tissue during and after exercise. Leucine is the most important amino acid for initiating protein synthesis, the process through which your muscles rebuild and get stronger.
- Beta-alanine is an amino acid that helps promote formation of the intramuscular buffer carnosine, which can reduce acidity levels in muscles and delay the onset of fatigue.
- Taurine is an amino acid that is found in high concentrations in the heart and helps promote heart contractility and improve cardiac output during long exercise sessions.
Plus Energy from Carbohydrates
Just like our Energy Gels, Roctane Energy Gels deliver 100-calories from easily digestible carbohydrates (maltodextrin and fructose) that use non-competing pathways to maximize carbohydrate absorption and utilization while diminishing stomach distress.
Don’t Forget the Caffeine
Not all Roctane Energy Gel flavors include caffeine, but those that do deliver 35 mg of caffeine, which can stimulate your central nervous system and decrease perception of pain or effort during exercise. It also enhances performance by increasing focus and concentration. Caffeine can help delay fatigue by mobilizing fat for fuel, which spares precious glycogen stores.
What’s the Bottom Line?
Reach for Roctane Energy Gels when it’s time to get serious.
- Push Harder with an amplified mix of amino acids & electrolytes
- Go Further with energy from complex & simple carbs
- Enjoy the Taste even if everything else hurts